Lewis Barr BSc (Hons.)
Having joined Munday + Cramer in 2009, following a year’s post-graduate experience with a large commercial surveying and property management practice based in the South East, Lewis hit the ground running, impressing not only Munday + Cramer’s Directors, but also clients with his diligent approach to his work. Since joining, Lewis has been subsequently promoted to the role of Senior Building Surveyor and more recently an Associate Director.
With a broad range of experience behind him, Lewis was promoted in 2015 to Associate Director and now manages the thriving building surveying department, offering support and mentoring to junior members of the team in order to build upon an already highly skilled team.
Lewis has played an instrumental role in the ACMF/CIF bid management process, which has resulted in Munday + Cramer securing over £50m of funding for local academy clients over the past three years. He now leads a team created in 2018, concentrating solely on this aspect of the business.
Lewis has had involvement in a number of large and complex projects, which commanded sizeable budgets of up to £1.2m and encompassed various types of works including new builds, refurbishment programmes and condition surveys to name but a few.
Looking to the future, Lewis aims to expand and develop his team to further success; growing the department’s workload and client-base, as well as the development of the team’s members.
- Sacred Heart of Jesus & Mary, Clywd, Wales – Stone window surround replacements and extensive masonry repairs along with sash window repair/replacement and roofing works to a historically important Priory in North Wales – £450,000
- Our Lady Star of the Sea, Tilbury – Internal and external church refurbishment. Included the renewal of the main bell housing above the nave, including the replacement of the bell itself – £400,000
- St Albans RC Church, Hornchurch – Internal and external refurbishment of the main church, as well as the internal refurbishment of the attached community hall – £420,000
- Sacred Heart RC Church, Southend – Extensive range of roofing and external repairs following an investigation in to leaks. Internal remedial works undertaken as well as the resolution of a range of dry rot and wet rot in woodwork – £65,000
- St Francis of Assisi RC Church & Friary, Stratford, East London – Extensive structural investigation and subsequent repairs and refurbishment to a locally listed Franciscan Friary and Church in East London – £550,000
- 98 Queens Road, Brentwood – A full internal and external refurbishment to the then incoming Bishop’s House – £250,000
- St Marys RC School, Tilbury – Major flat roof refurbishment to primary school – £180,000
- De La Salle, Basildon – Phase 2 of a range of roof refurbishment works to a medium-sized secondary school – £380,000
- St Albans RC School, Harlow – A significant scheme featuring the provision of an extended/re-modelled front entrance to improve safeguarding measures, a large library extension along with a complete toilet refurbishment funded via ACMF/CIF – £390,000
- Hutchings Wharf, Docklands, East London – Extensive external redecoration scheme to a popular, vibrant residential block – £200,000
- Thornborough Avenue, Essex – External refurbishment and redecoration of a residential block – £45,000
- Littlecroft, Essex – Pitched roof replacement to three residential blocks – £180,000
- Tulip Court, Tiptree – External refurbishment and redecoration of residential block – £85,000
- Hutchings Wharf, Docklands, East London – A detailed condition survey and Asset Management Plan for a major residential block – £12,000
- Lant Street, London – A full condition survey and forensic analysis of a range of building condition problems, with the design of subsequent solutions – £25,000
- Benyon Primary School, Ockendon – First phase of a number of planned flat roof replacements funding through CIF – £142,000
- Benyon Primary School, Ockendon – ACMF/CIF-funded Toilet refurbishment scheme – £123,000
- Quarry Hill Academy, Grays – Major asbestos removal scheme with subsequent installation of new ceilings and low-energy LED lighting throughout – £195,000
- Quarry Hill Academy, Grays – ACMF/CIF-funded toilet refurbishment within the school – £94,000
- Quarry Hill Academy, Grays – Major roof replacement scheme funded by CIF to the infant school – £198,000
- St. Luke’s Catholic Primary School, Harlow – Removal of ACMs and remedial works as part of a CIF-funded scheme – £75,000
- St. Mark’s West Essex Roman Catholic School, Harlow – Various condition-related improvements including a major sportshall and gym refurbishment, creation of a new multi-gym with refurbished changing area, major boiler replacement and provision of new cold water distribution service and an extensive window replacement all funded via ACMF/CIF funding – £1,200,000
- Kents Hill Infant Academy, Benfleet, Essex – Roof refurbishment across the whole school funded via CIF – £462,503
- Gable Hall School, Corringham, Essex – Boiler replacement and water distribution system upgrade via CIF – £329,273
- Kents Hill Infant Academy, Benfleet, Essex – CIF-funded window replacement throughout the school – £370,000
- Meadgate Primary School, Chelmsford, Essex – Rewire and electrical upgrade throughout the school